Narration – Victoria Urquhart
Corwin – Sean Ballantyne
Ravenwolf – Geoff Mays
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
The story is the final chapter in the saga of a warrior’s journey from brutal conqueror to epic hero and of the love that led to his redemption.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It’s an Adventure/Fantasy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Well, you would have to make the other three first so this would film would be the conclusion to a story that I believe offers consistently interesting characters and conflicts in a world that taps into the same market that projects like the Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones draws from.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
I wouldn’t (that’s two words right?)
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Seen or watched? That’s two different things. Have probably seen Jaws about 10 or 12 times. Have watched Shakespeare in Love and the Apartment at least as often and went to see Wind River three times in three days.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
This particular script went fairly quickly, but the first chapter of the saga, though I didn’t know that was what it was at the time, was the first script I ever wrote about 8 million years ago.
7. How many stories have you written?
There’s four in this cycle. About four that I was paid to write but have no particular attachment to, about five others of my own that I’m pretty happy with, and a handful of ideas in the drawer that I keep telling myself I will get to some day.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Don’t really have one. Maybe something by Sade if I absolutely had to pick
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My own inertia. The idea came pretty fully formed after a comment that someone made about the previous script in the cycle, The Red Desert. When I added a bit of business to accommodate their notes that led to a line that led to the idea for this script and it came together pretty quickly after that. Then the challenge was just to sit down and do the work.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Am I passionate about writing? I don’t know, I have sort of a love/hate relationship with the process. I am passionate about the idea of Love but have proven to be particularly inept at solving its mysteries.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox