Genre: Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Dragons & Wolves is a serialized, character driven drama based on, but not limited to, the Dragon Tales & Stories trilogy written by Drew Henriksen and published by ArcheBooks, Italian publisher Armenia, Draghi E Lupi. It tells the story of a mythical family through four hundred years. Told in the form of a western, viewers may not realize it takes place a few centuries after a plague wiped out most of humanity. With different supernatural beings such as dragons, warlocks, and werewolves it follows the character of Randy on his quest to save mankind. The focus is on well-developed characters reacting to situations as we would with flashbacks to the 1970s & 2000s.
Jergon: Zazu Oke
Carmon: Salma Dharsee
Kaitlin: Marissa Otto
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Captain: Allan Michael Brunet
Randy: Isaiah Kolundzic
Kyle: Hugh Ritchie
Get to know the writer:
What is your TV PILOT screenplay about? The events that lead to an apocalypses when mythical dragons battle genetically infected werewolves in a Mad Max style Western. What happens 400 years in the future, started 40 years in the past, and is taking form today.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a TV show?
It incorporates the different type of genres popular today with character driven story lines.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Wizard of Oz.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
The novels it’s based on was three years. The pilot script took two months.
7. How many stories have you written?
Three novels, About two dozen screenplays.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
System of a Down: Toxicity
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
How to compact the premise of all three novels in one hour long script.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Forensics, I teach it for Syracuse University.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It’s worked out very well for me.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I was drawn to the sci-fi element and entered the pilot. I disagreed with a portion of the feedback.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox